NATALIE MUYRES, is a progressive change and project management professional with a passion for people and culture transformation. She is a proactive strategic thinker with the ability to conceptualize and implement organizational and project goals while oriented to building sustained capacity. Natalie is a creative and committed team player that values collaboration. While a proud and passionate leader Natalie is also a proud and passionate learner.
Natalie is a graduate of the University of Calgary, Mount Royal University, is a Project Management Professional (PMP), certified Change Management practitioner and an Associate of the Human Venture Institute and Culture Strategy Fit. She has been a volunteer board member of the Human Venture Institute since 2008 and values community engagement.
Educated in cultural anthropology, Natalie applies a keen eye (ethnography) and disciplined research to all of her engagements. Whether its conducting customer experience interviews, employee culture survey’s, technology design, or societal issues inquiry, an anthropological lens provides a deeper understanding of context and possibilities. Natalie is currently an applied anthropology graduate student at the University of North Texas, committee chair, Dr. Christina Wasson.
Natalie’s experience spans industries, is customer centric and includes process and technology driven change. With many years leading large cross-functional, enterprise impacting projects and programs, she has also designed, developed and led a strategic project management office.
- Program manager and change leader committed to disrupting human trafficking in Alberta and Canada by implementing public and sector specific awareness and education programs. Perform research and evaluation to influence public discourse and policy regarding human trafficking and sexual exploitation.
- Business and culture transformation consultant for small to medium size businesses – in a variety of industries including hospitality, construction and wholesale distribution. Provided executive leadership for organizational change. Design and implement learning that supports culture change and customer experience training.
- Project Manager and Change Lead of operational excellence initiatives for a major oil and gas organization. Established program and change strategies for operational excellence projects and network opportunities. Led a multi-year process and technology implementation improving enterprise maturity of operational management of change.
- Established and led an organizational change management strategy and plan for multi-year technology transformation programs in the telecommunications and health care industries. Identified and established stakeholder partnerships and transformational activities supporting the vision and innovative work environment. Collaborated and led cross-functional teams in the development of communication and training strategies that facilitate deployment readiness. Incorporated change and Agile practices into a new project management framework.
- Directed a team of project managers and business analysts within a corporate PMO. Responsible for linking organizational projects to corporate strategy and reporting project portfolio metrics. Implemented sound business case comparisons, project selection and prioritization processes. Established and maintained a standard project methodology, governance model and benefit review process achieving improved project results.
- Successful at planning and executing a strategically planned portfolio of aviation related projects and change initiatives. Personally led and successfully implemented various projects and change initiatives across functional areas achieving business value and strategic goals. Successful at developing cross functional project teams responsible for major change initiatives with wide organizational impact.
- Multi-year enterprise technology project involving a redevelopment of a legacy application into a flexible and adaptable platform with multiple systems and applications. Large data conversion, training and redevelopment effort successful with minimal disruption and exceptional stabilization of customer experience standards post change. Ongoing leadership of application development, implementations and change management.
- Full-fleet implementation of satellite television on Boeing 737 aircraft. Led the organizational development and transition of new operating and service standards. The project team supported the integration of new technology and service requirements while maintaining a minimal impact to daily operations. Project of the Year finalist, PMI-SAC 2005.
- Led an organizational change team in preparation for an enterprise wide application development and implementation. Established a change strategy, champion network, communication and training plans that supported readiness activities cross functionally.
- Developed new and continuous improvement of existing business processes resulting in cost savings, improved customer experience standards and achievement of revenue targets.
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Association of Change Management Professionals (ACMP)
- Canadian Anthropology Society (CAS)
- American Anthropological Association (AAA)
- National Association for the Practice of Anthropology (NAPA)
- Society for Applied Anthropology (SfAA)
- Ethnography in Industry (EPIC)
- Cultural Evolution Society (CES)
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Trafficking in Persons (METIP)
More about Natalie’s experience can be found on her LinkedIn profile.